Kuchipudi - Guru Smt Sathyapriya Ramana Writes about Guru Samarpana - May 2018 - Malaysia - A Report



6th May 2018, Auditorium Tan Sri K. R. Soma
Auditorium and Performing Arts Venue
Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia


Renowned Kuchipudi Dancer Smt Sathyapriya Ramana shares her thoughts about Kuchipudi Performance of Sri Chandra Mohan & Smt Varsha Pillai.

It has been an overwhelming memorable experience to be in Malaysia . Dance with Dedication and to be performing with live orchestra was very much impressive and must mention the amazing coordination and commitment of the orchestra. One week workshop with varsha's students was enriching.

Dance as an act of worship was beautifully Conveyed by Ms. Varsha pillai and Mr. Chandra Mohan Ramasamy in thier performances on the D-Day and both of them worked really hard and showed their Soul Touching Abhinayam which left everyone mesmerised. They are very good bharathanatyam dancers and established gurus in Malaysia. 


Sathya Priya Ramana with
Chandramohan Ramasamy and Varsha Vardhanaa.

I am very happy to be bestowing them with Natya Kala Surya and Natya Kala Kousthubham.
These titles and awards are meant to remind them constantly to work hard and go ahead with determination.

l as a Guru would wish to walk the path thats shown by my Master to Me. Master Garu was always next to his students motivating inspiring and encouraging them. l joined Kuchipudi Art Academy when I was 8 years old in the Gurukulam system under the able guidance of my guru Dr.Vempati China Satyam Garu and today , I can proudly say it's 44 years Journey of complete dedication and commitment to his teachings. He used to tell us how we should encourage the students to come up in life . He was there for me when I resigned at Kuchipudi Art Academy and started my own dance class in 1993. He was part of all my dance institute anniversaries. 

He came to my first dance ballet rehearsals and he In fact took rehearsals for me and my students before performances. He gave Siva dress from his ballet costumes etc and many more anecdotes to share, how he was with all of us. That's the reason even today our senior most students stand by each other no matter what , that's the power of Kuchipudi art academy and the bond created by Master Garu - a great legend with a Golden Heart. 

We are all blessed to have been his students as he was such a kind , humble and affectionate father like figure Guru. I am fortunate to learn at the time when he was taking class and while teaching or correcting he used to get up, do the movement and show us how to do the movement . When he would perform he used to look like Lord Nataraja himself .

I considered myself a blessed soul when master Garu asked me to take classes in the academy , the same place where I was till then just a student , that was a wonderful movement and turning point of my life. I learnt a lot from my Guru Vempati master Garu, how to recognize the sincere students , their hard work and their dedication.

Till now with the sole intention to preserve this great art form of Kuchipudi, with its own identity, essence and beauty, I have given these awards to many dancers from my dance school
"Narthanasaala " each one of them proved beyond doubt that my Judgement is Correct and proved themselves to be the Best Dancers. 

Now I wish Varsha and Chandra Mohan to work very hard and take up the responsibility to keep up the tradition and originality of Kuchipudi to the next generations by propagating this beautiful art form. I am overjoyed to see how committed these two dancers Varsha and Chandramohan are, their Total dedication to dance, total acceptance of the rigors required, keeping personal life on the back burner..  an Inspiration for many to follow. What else can be more valuable than creating an environment for dancers to explore the world of dance and to be an example to showcase that hard work, dedication and passion are the keys to success . 

As a proud student of Dr.Vempati , as an experienced  'Teacher' of Dr. Vempati's 'Kuchipudi Art Acadamy' (1986 to 1993) and as founder director of 'Narthana Saala' I whole heartedly bless my students Varsha and Chandra in their sincere effort in taking up this Art form with commitment , dedication and wish them the best in all their future endeavors and I shall be there beside them in their Journey of Dance .

Invitation of the 6th May 2018 event



Contribute and help us in the service of Indian Classical Arts. For more information please message HERE

PRIYALASYA - ODISSI ARTIST SPACE
Odissi Artiste- Ileana Citaristi

  PriyaLasya, (C), Do Not Copy, Copyrights Acknowledged, Worldwide Indian Classical Dance Initiative

No comments:

Post a Comment