Jayadeva's Poetry in Italy - Vidhya Subramanian - Bharatanatyam - May 2017



Dancers are ever creative. Some of them view life in all its manifestation in their dance. The power of creativity is immense as there is always music in thought, emotion in the feelings and ocean of devotion towards their art. 

Presenting this video of Bharatanatyam Dancer


Here is what she says about this her choreography.. a beautiful feeling is sure to overwhelm you.


"As the world hurtles forward at lightning speed, as we are faced with more senseless acts, I offer a slowing down almost to stillness. Still moments of ecstasy that stretch into minutes. I revel in the vulnerability it allows me, the incomparable beauty it embraces me in.

When I saw this beautiful studio Lavanderia a Vapore in Italy, with its endless windows to the skies, I felt it was the perfect place to indulge in Jayadeva's poetry. I was immensely fortunate to have with me a sensitive soul skilled in Bharatanatyam and  videography, Antonella Usai. 

>Without any planning, we just played the music and moved together, dancer and  visualizer. The afternoon light shifted into dusk playing beautifully with Krishna and I (Radha). I share the result as a simple exploration that was an intense experience for mestripped of costume, jewelry, audience, or artificial lights". In this last Ashtapadi, Radha speaks to Krishna at their long-awaited union."


kuru yadu-nandana candana-śiśiratareṇa kareṇa payodhare |
mṛga-mada-patrakam atra mano-bhava-maṅgala-kalaśa-sahodare ....




PriyaLasya(C), Do Not Copy, Copyrights Acknowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment